Pages

Friday, July 26, 2013

Batman and Other Things

I'm back! I know it has been a while but life gets busy when you're employed and happen to be a professional weekend warrior (if you don't know what that is then you're not enjoying your weekends enough).

For those of you who caught my blog early on you may have noticed some changes to previous posts. Let me tell you - you never stop learning. Those changes were made because an important realization in my life based on some unforeseen circumstances.

I've done you all the injustice of being a hypocrite. I've talked about rising above and kindness, when in reality I have not done so with previous posts. As a Christian believer I know I am not the one to serve justice where justice is due or even judge where justice is due. 

This past weekend I was watching Batman Begins, when the character Rachel spoke to Bruce about justice verses revenge and profoundly said, "No, they're never the same, Bruce. Justice is about harmony. Revenge is about you making yourself feel better." I do not consider my most recent posts as my go at revenge and I want the emphasis to be on the lessons learned, but I do realize the things I have been saying have not been Christ-like and in no way has it been an example of rising above. Harmony was not accomplished in any way.

So from here on out I plan on keeping it classy. My focus has always been and always will be on the life lessons I've learned while being an entry-leveler. I look forward to writing more about my personal experiences, the things that have worked, and the stuff that hasn't. Life is tough enough as it is - no need for all of us to go through the hard stuff when we can learn from one another. 

I'm sincerely appreciative to all those who read my blog and struggle everyday with life. Keep up the entry-level sub-par work.

No comments:

Post a Comment